Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) is a one day symposium for middle school girls to engage in exciting and diverse experiences that science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) careers have to offer. Volunteers from the Chicago STEM community organize short, hands-on workshops to directly engage with the girls at a critical time in their development. EYH is a nationally recognized program and we are proud to bring it to the Windy City for a ninth year!
Want to wear your EYH support on your sleeve? Check out our merchandise!
(EYH) Chicago will once again be hosting Winter and Spring conferences for 2021!
To ensure the safety of all our attendees and volunteers, we are planning virtual conferences this year.
- The Winter conference was held on December 5th, 2020!
- The Spring conference will be held on March 20th, 2021 – We are currently putting together our programming for this conference.
- Student Registration for the 2021 Spring conference is now open!
- Workshop Leader applications for the 2021 Spring conference are now closed.
- We are currently recruiting parents and education professionals to provide perspective and guidance on our Parent Program panels. If you are interested please contact email@example.com or fill out the Parent Program interest form.
Workshop Leaders! Unsure how to lead a virtual workshop? See EYH Cornell, the NIH, or 100StemIdeas for ideas for at-home activities. It may seem daunting at first to think about how to adapt a lesson to a virtual format, but remember: the goal is simply to get the girls feeling excited and empowered about their ability to pursue a career in STEM!
Learn more about our programming and our relationship with the community in this video.
Video by Ciara Medina
We also host Parent and Teacher Programs that runs alongside the student conference and are free for all attendees. You can learn more about the Parent Program here and the Teacher Program here.
Given the unprecedented spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) across the U.S., Techbridge Girls’ Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) conferences are following the direction of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention around social distancing and non-essential events. To that end, the upcoming Winter and Spring conferences will be held virtually.
We look forward to returning to in person conferences as soon as it is safe to do so!